When Chris had to do extra credit for his book report of Walt Disney, he chose to make a recycle DIY bottle sculpture craft of him, here's how!
Christopher's elementary class project was to read a book from the WHO WAS Series of biography books for kids. Each child chose to read a different book and was encouraged, as extra credit, to make an image of the person they read about.
The book Christopher chose to read and illustrate for his report was "WHO WAS Walt Disney". Since Christopher chose Walt Disney, he made an image of Walt for the extra credit. We are glad he went the extra mile!
|WHO WAS Series of Biography books for kids.|
Given suggestions by the teacher, one of the project choices was to use a soda bottle. He started with a large 2 liter Soda Bottle, which he filled with some sand to make it stable.
|Start with an empty soda bottle|
- Then he added some scraps of felt to make his outfit
- He covered a foam ball with clay for the head and mustache.
- We suggest if you make one, you use DIY LINT Clay.
- Plus he added yarn scraps for hair, eyes and an arty outfit!
|The bottle sculpture half decorated|
- An artist beret
- Mickey Mouse patch from felt scraps
- A palette from recycled cardboard
- Some paint and a brush
|The finished sculpture of Walt Disney!|